I was taught a number of things when it comes to dreams. Here are but a few of them:-
1. Have dreams bigger than you
2. Write down your dreams.
3. Guard your dreams. Protect them, be very careful with whom you share them as not all you meet will aid you in bringing them to life.
4. Let some people know about these dreams. those that will encourage you and drive you, push you never to let go of them. they will keep you on course.
With that in mind, last week I sat down and decided to finally write down these dreams of mine. Here are a few of them:
- Sell my poetry. (Frames, on mugs, in cards etc)
- Write a few more books.
- Open a music venue, where known artists can come to perform, as well as promoting local talent.
- Continue travelling to perform.
- Nurture local talent, in local schools and other educational establishments and give them to opportunity to perform on stage at the venue. Thus improving on their performance technique and helping to further inspire them to keep with what they’re doing.
- Motivational speaker
- All of the above would be under the umbrella of MusicTJ, which I’ve begun to cultivate in the last year or so. One large organisation which will include a number of different facets/departments. Educational (dance, music, writing etc), Events, Performance, Poetry, Speaking etc.
- And remain open to other opportunities that may come about.
The fortunate or unfortunate thing about having a lot in your ‘box of tricks’ is that it’s hard to pin down a single thing you want to do. I’ve therefore decided not to stick to a single one. The REALLY hard thing now, is deciding what to start with. One thing I know with absolute certainty right now is that I do not wish to remain in the UK. I’ve been here most of my life and it’s time to move elsewhere. What I now need to do, is put together a model that I can pick up and take with me wherever I go.
There are still a number of things I haven’t put on here. I haven’t mentioned anything about my music as yet. And you know I love my music. I’ve a lot in mind for that. My mind has always been exceptionally full of things, and for such a long time I never actually believed I could do any of it. In the last seven years especially, I come across people who seem to believe I could do absolutely anything I ever set my mind to. It’s absolutely amazing how liberating that is!
I could afford it, I would have bought the MusicTJ.com domain name by now, just to make sure it’s mine at least. I still need to get the MusicTJ logo designed. So much to do, so little time.
Do not tread on my dreams. If you do so, I promise you, I will tread on you.