The artists demand.
A lot of this world.
A lot from friends.
A lot from acquaintance.
The artists demand.
You give us attention.
You give us your love.
With no apprehension.
We demand you your eyes.
We demand you your fears.
We demand you your mind.
We demand you your tears.
We demand nothing less,
Than all you have to give.
For in return, we’ll give you the world.
We’ll remind you of joy. In the midst of your tears.
We’ll inspire you to fight. In spite of your fears.
We’ll write words, to set afire your mind.
We’ll paint pictures, to beguile your eyes.
We’ll sing melodies that cause you to dance.
The dance of your life, so your worth you’ll enhance.
We’ll bring down the stars and help you to name them.
We’ll show you your birthrights, remind you to claim them.
We’ll show you your future, yet to be seen.
We’ll prod you and poke you, so your worth you may glean.
I ask you this, I must insist.
Are we not worth what we demand?
Tell me this and tell me true.
Are we not worth all this to you?
When we cry at un-met perfection.
And seek you out craving affection.
When we stand before you, heart torn asunder.
We ask that you bring us back from under.
We who paint skies for you.
Sometimes need to remember.
That darkness is not the only hue.
Sometimes there’s still gentle amber.
Sometimes our hearts are desperate things.
That forget how to beat.
Then our bodies are empty husks.
That neglect when to breathe.
As we come to you we seek,
Desperately like a child.
Approval, love and joy.
For like the lamb, we become mild.
Our passion gone.
Our joy lost.
Our reason for being, at large.
The emptiness we held at bay.
Returns when we recharge.
Will you protect us?
Will you enfold us?
As we hide out from the world?
Will you console us?
Will you extol us?
As we seem to come unfurled.
Yes we are artists and we demand,
A lot from this desperate world.
For we are artists and we bring you.
The beauty in this here world.
- The Dance of Fear (sexymamasisterhood.wordpress.com)
- Storyteller or Magic Pixie? (nlp13.com)
- What do I fear?… (nicolascanon.wordpress.com)
- Artist Injects Paint into Bubble Wrap to Create Pixelated Images (neatorama.com)
- Ballroom Dancer on DVD and VOD now (thebuzzdiaries.wordpress.com)
- Lost Artist – Paris Street Corner 1977 (presidentialnomination.wordpress.com)
- The Best Artist… (jeremymartinson.wordpress.com)
- Be. An. Artist. (suziblu.typepad.com)
- What’s Art For? (quinncreative.wordpress.com)